at our Online Training Center
1. Intro to Nondetects and Data Analysis An introduction to data analysis for variables with nondetects.
Free. 50 mins.
Materials from the webinar (including slides and info) can also be downloaded as a zip file: Download here
2. Seven Perilous Errors in Environmental Statistics Seven common errors to avoid!
Free. About 1 hour.
Seven common errors in statistical analysis by environmental scientists all stem from an outdated understanding of statistics. I'll define the seven 'perilous errors' and how each can be avoided. They revolve around old ideas about hypothesis tests, p-values, using logarithms of data, evaluating what is a good regression equation, evaluating outliers and dealing with nondetects. Understanding why each error is perilous can save the scientist from publishing incorrect statements, using inefficient analysis methods, and wasting scarce financial resources. These errors have persisted through the years -- break the cycle and step into the 21st Century.
Sign up for our newsletter
to stay informed of all webinar topics and times.Some of our Past Webinars:
• R: Free Software for Environmental Statistics
• Urban Legends in Environmental Statistics
• Statistics for Managers (what your employees need to know)
Past attendees said this about our webinars:
"Thanks for the great webinar series. I really enjoyed it and of course learned a lot.
-- State agency staff
"Thanks Dennis, we really enjoyed the seminars and feel they will be very helpful in future data analyses
." ………………………-- Environmental consultant
Arrow to go to the top of the page